Saturday, May 28, 2011

Blogger Problems and A Project!

First of all, I'm going to complain. Blogger has a known issue that's preventing me from commenting on some of the blogs I follow! I've discovered that the only problem I have is when the comment section is embedded, rather than a pop-up. If it is embedded, the "anonymous" option still works, but I can't comment with my Google account. I've also received a couple of e-mails from people who were trying to comment on my blog and had the same problem. I've updated my comments to a pop-up window, so I think that should resolve the issue until Blogger gets a fix in.

http://knownissues.blogspot.com/2011/05/were-investigating-issue-which-is.html

Now onto the good stuff! I've been putting off a project for quite sometime that I finally finished this weekend, and I am soooo excited about it! We have a desk in the corner of our kitchen. It's where our mail goes, but it's also become the "unload" spot, too. When Josh gets home, he literally empties his pockets on the desk. The next day, he'll only grab a few things, but leave all of the change, receipts, and other random stuff there. We also kindof suck at mail. Every bill we have is auto drafted, so we're bad about throwing the mail on the desk and not looking through it for weeks. I'm sure by now you can guess what the desk looked like. It's been messy and unorganized for several months, and even when I cleaned the house, I neglected the desk. Every single time I walked by I felt stressed out, but I just didn't know where to start.

First things first, I bought this:
It's a leather catch-all. I put it on Josh's nightstand, so he can unload his pockets there. I think this will cut down on all of the clutter tremendously!

Next, I went through all the mail, one piece at a time. It took a couple of hours, but I finally regained control, and this is the end result:
There are 2 mail bins on the desk - one for us, and one for Josh's business since we frequently get mail at our house for them.

Now, every single time I walk by the desk, I'm totally happy. YAY for finished projects!!!!  :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was totally impressed when I saw it! YAY for organization!