Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

Memorial Day is such a special day!!!

Although I'm SO very grateful to ALL of our service men and women, I remember the selflessness of my little brother, who served in the US Marines. He served 3 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan when he was just a kid, and came back totally and completely changed. He was in Infantry, which is the group that serves on the front lines. Over the course of his 4 years that he served, he lost 20+ good friends in combat. I've been fortunate enough to have not ever lost a good friend, so I can't even fathom that kind of loss.

It's been several years since he finished his service in the Marines, but I will never, ever forget it. He is the bravest person I know, and my personal hero.


Happy Memorial Day to our soldiers. To all of the people that made the ultimate sacrifice, and gave their lives - it was not in vain. We'll remember.

No comments: