Monday, March 21, 2011

Trip to the Vet = No Fun

So I called the vet first thing this morning and had them squeeze in Huck today. Between last night and this morning he developed some blood in his urine, and seemed to be in more pain than he was Saturday/Sunday morning. We got there, and the vet said she could fill that his bladder was full, so she tried to squeeze it but nothing happened. She feels like there is a blockage of some sort, and seemed really concerned. They made me leave him there, and she said if he doesn't pee on his own, she is going to knock him out so she can manually empty his bladder, and then depending on what she sees, she may need to put in a catheter for a day or two. At this point, she isn't really sure what the cause is, but hopefully, once she is able to get a good sample she will know more.

Poor kitty.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

:( Poor Kitty! That is so sad! I hope the vet is able to help him feel better quickly! I love your new layout also!