Sunday, March 20, 2011

Weekend Activites

I'm a little sad that it's already Sunday evening, but this weekend has been quite eventful!

Friday night we went out for dinner with another couple. I work with the husband of the other couple - we were actually hired at the same time 5+ years ago at the company I work for. He and I meshed immediately, and although we work in different locations now, we chat almost daily. I was really excited to get together, but I was nervous about all the spouses meeting, because it's just hard to anticipate how it will go when you throw together a bunch of people that don't know each other. Forunately, it went great! The conversation flowed easily, and we ended up staying at the restaurant for almost 3 hours! We'll probably try to get together again at some point, hopefully soon!

Saturday we got some work done in the garden. We spread out all the compost onto the area where we will plant, and then added a mixture of peat moss and manure. We tilled it all together, so we'll be ready to plant next week. Woo hoo!

In other, not so fun, news...I have a very sick kitty  :-(


Huckleberry started feeling bad on Saturday, and I noticed he had a couple of accidents on the floor, which never happens (fortunately, we have tile, so no big worries there). I also noticed that before he had to go, he would cry. He's been pretty lethargic, and hasn't really been eating either. Sunday night, he started having a LOT of leaking issues. He was just sortof walking around and peeing - again, totally out of the norm. I ended up buying some puppy pads, covering the entire laundry room with them, and locking him in there. It's been so sad though. He never, ever gets locked up, and he is used to following us around everywhere, so he doesn't understand. He's been pawing at the door and crying every time we walk by. I've been going in there pretty frequently and giving him some attention though, so hopefully that's helping. I'm calling the vet first thing in the morning to take him - I hope he feels better very soon!

1 comment: