Wednesday, March 23, 2011

New Layout and Kitty Update

Don't you just love the new layout?! Faith, whose link is on the right, designed it for me, and it's absolutely perfect and exactly what I was looking for!

Yesterday I stayed home from work, which was quite fabulous. Why, you ask? Just because I wanted to! I haven't really had any time off since the beginning of the year, and I was beginning to get a little stressed out, so I decided to take a day with no obligations whatsoever. I ended up getting quite a bit of stuff done though. I went grocery shopping, went to visit with the kitty who is still at the vet, organized some stuff in our bonus room that I'm embarrassed to say has been sitting up there since Christmas, cleaned out some drawers in preparation for our new bedroom furniture, made 3 loaves of poppy seed bread (YUM!), and beat a few levels on Angry Birds, haha  ;-)

Of course, I didn't want to get up and go to work this morning though....

So update on Huck. The vet called Monday evening and said they did end up having to put him to sleep to catheterize him, and they did find that he was completely blocked. Obviously this would have been fatal, so it's a really good thing I got him there on Monday when I did. They were able to remove the blockage, but they had to keep him Monday night to make sure he was able to pee by himself on Tuesday. His vet called me first thing Tuesday morning and said he did go overnight, which she was very happy about, but since he is on anti-inflammatory meds and an antibiotic, she wanted to keep him another day just to make sure he was doing well. They asked me to bring some of his food by yesterday, and when I got there they let me go back to visit. He immediately started purring and trying to crawl on me, but I could tell he was sore. He ate quite a bit, which was good. He's still there today, but I'm hoping he will be able to come home either today or tomorrow at the latest. I miss my little guy!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

I think I've already told you, but I love your new layout! I've been thinking about getting one of my own for quite sometime, but I have so many blogs!!! lol... Maybe, we'll see. I've seen several layouts by Faith! She's amazing!

Rachel said...

How fun to have a day off!

And glad your kitty is feeling a wee bit better.
Oops, no pun intended! :)