Thank you for the sweet words about my Huckleberry this past week- they meant so much. It was an incredibly difficult week, made worse by the fact that Josh was traveling for work. I had to make the decision by myself, and then call and tell him over the phone. I wanted him to be there so badly so that I could just cry on him, but since he wasn't, I had some sweet girlfriends try and make it better. I'm thankful for beautiful friends that know just what to say!
*********
Today, I'm writing from across the country - in Boise, ID! Last Thursday when I was almost to work, my boss called and said she needed me to fill in for someone and facilitate a training this week. She asked if I could drive to Kentucky after work so I could observe some classes on Friday in preparation for this week. I did, and I'm pretty familiar with the material, so I agreed to travel this week. It will be hectic FOR SURE. Here is my schedule:
Monday - fly to Boise (seriously, an entire day of travel)
Tuesday - session in Boise; fly to Seattle, WA; drive to Lacey, WA
Wednesday - session in Lacey
Thursday - session in Federal Way
Friday - fly home from Seattle (an even longer trip than the first!)
My flight this morning left at 7, so I was up at 3 since I needed to leave my house by 4 to get to the airport by 5. I'm a firm believer in getting to the airport a couple of hours early, and there were numerous people this morning that missed their flights due to an insanely long security line - hello people, it's a Monday morning. Fortunately, everyone on my flight was sleepy, so it was quiet and I slept almost the entire time.
I really haven't done much of anything since I've been here. Almost as soon as I arrived this afternoon, I took a long, hot bath and checked my e-mails in the bathtub (because who says you can't have a little luxury while traveling...). I'm getting ready to meet up with some other people who will be training with me this week, and we're heading out to dinner somewhere. Always nice to travel with others, especially when I don't have to drive at all! Wish me luck tomorrow in class!
(hopefully I can successfully pretend that I do indeed know what I am talking about...)
Before You Decorate for Fall
1 week ago








1 comment:
I'm so glad to read this update from you! Yay for fun work. Okay, okay, I don't know if you can consider travel fun, but yay for distractions! Have a great trip! How much longer until your RE appt :)!?!
Post a Comment