Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's Been A Hard Day

Due to an unfair set of circumstances, I had to make the difficult decision to put my sweet kitty, Huckleberry, to sleep this afternoon. It was the right decision, because he was in pain, but that doesn't really make it any easier. I feel like I lost a member of my family, and I'm just totally and completely heart broken.

:-(

6 comments:

Elaine said...

:( I'm so sorry! I know that was one of the hardest decisions you have ever had to make. Sending you a big ol' hug!

Heather Allen said...

I'm so sorry about your kitty. They ARE our family members and it hurts so bad. I will be praying for peace and comfort.

Nink said...

Awwww, I'm so sorry! We had to put our cat to sleep a couple years ago, and his time was not up either (kitty leukemia). I'm really sorry you had to go through those awful emotions today. Feel better. Praying for peace. xoxo

Hopeandarrow said...

Oh i'm so sorry. My kitty is so precious to me and I imagine you ARE so heartbroken. And I mean...I know this is silly to think because cats do not have souls...but how great would it be to get to heaven and get to have our most loved pets there? There ARE animals in heaven...so...maybe? We may care less once we are IN heaven b/c we will be complete and perfect. But that would be awfully sweet of God :)

Jessica said...

So sorry to hear about this...I have 2 himalayan kitties and can't imagine ever having to do this. I bet you were a great mother to yours.

I just stumbled across your blog...I have been trying for a baby for 4 years with my husband and know how difficult it is. Praying for you.

~Jess
http://bringingyoumorethanasong.blogspot.com/

Faith said...

So very sorry =( I know how our fur baby's are truly a part of our familys and my heart hurts for you.