Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sleepless in Seattle

One sheep, two sheep, three sheep...it's not working. I can't go to sleep, so I'm opting to write instead...

I'm still traveling - tonight I'm writing from Seattle. It's been a good week, but a busy one. Generally, my job doesn't require me to travel, so there are definitely some things to get used to. Mainly, serious jet lag. I had a conversation with a fellow coworker yesterday who travels frequently, and he asked me how it was going. I told him that even though I'd slept good, I feel exhausted all.the.time. Apparently, that's jet lag (who knew?!) Everyone but me? Oh...

I'm really sleepy even now, but we're staying at a Hilton that smells like old people and creaks. I think I just can't seem to relax enough to sleep tonight...

Anywhoo, I think so far the whole training piece is going well, too. I was really worried because I'm training with two people that I normally don't work with (one that I'd not met until Tuesday) and I wanted to appear like I was totally prepared and completely put together - not like someone who just found out Thursday that I would be traveling... Let me tell you, these guys totally put me at ease and we've had a blast together (even though they would probably say "bless her little Tennessee heart..." - city folks!). I feel like I've known them for years, and that makes our training classes rock. I didn't think I'd really enjoy it as much as I have. It's been fun to get their perspective on things, and it's been fun to witness "ah ha" moments from the people we've been training. For the first time in awhile, I am really enjoying what I'm doing, and feel like it's genuinely appreciated.

Having said that, I'm beginning to get a bit homesick. I really miss Josh, and I would love to go to sleep in my own bed, and wake up without an alarm. Wonder if it'll be an adjustment again when I fly back on Friday since I'll "lose" a couple of hours? Because that would suck for sure.

One really great thing about this trip is the lack of focus on Tuesday's appointment with the RE!!! I can't believe it's less than a week away. It's so overdue, and I'm really ready to get it over with. I would probably be fretting if I was home, but I'm too tired and sidetracked to do that here (do you know how much energy goes into worrying?!) I would rather sleep.

Having said that, I believe I'll try again. After all, I have to be ready to go by 7:30 - UGH!

Sweet dreams my sweet friends!

1 comment:

B- said...

I'm sorry you are homesick and missing your husband! I am still homesick for Tennessee and have lived in Maryland for almost five years now! Good luck at your RE appointment! It is coming soon!