Saturday, April 23, 2011

Home Sweet Home

After a long week of travel, I'm finally home. Of all of the places I went, Seattle was by far my favorite! I didn't bring my camera, but did manage to get lots of pictures on my cell.

Wednesday we ate dinner in the hotel lounge. I ordered the Dungeness Chicken. I also tried a new beer, which was quite tasty - Pyramid Hefeweizen.


Thursday, we finally had a chance to get into the city, where I saw a beautiful old building that I completely fell in love with! I generally love anything covered in ivy, and this was certainly no exception.


Of course we had to wander down by the water.


When we were walking along the edge, we found this little guy. Someone told us that he has lived here for about 6 months, and people feed him fish all day. He was clearly not scared of us, and even came out to beg. We were pretty close to the fish market, so I'm guessing he probably eats better most days than I do with all of the fresh fish! Pretty cute, huh?!


While we were training all week, we asked everyone for recommendations on where to eat, and they all recommended Ivars. It's a seafood place right on the water. They were running a special that included an appetizer, entree, and dessert, so that's what I ended up doing. This was quite possibly the very best meal of my life.


I regret not getting a picture of dessert, but let me tell you, it was heaven. It was a dark chocolate cake, layered with white chocolate and raspberry mousse, sitting in a raspberry sauce. This cake was moan-out-loud-while-savoring-every-single-bite kindof good. Better than sex kindof good (maybe not better than really good sex, but you get the picture)

Overall, I really enjoyed Seattle. I would love to go back with Josh and actually see the fish market in action. Due to the time restrictions, we really didn't see too much of the city, which is unfortunate. I definitely would not want to live there, but it's an interesting place. One observation about the people (and maybe this is a Northern/west coast thing?) but of all the places we visited, these people were the most "expressive", for lack of a better word. At each of the locations we traveled to, we facilitated 2 supervisor sessions, each of which included supervisors, as well as their direct bosses. In Seattle, I couldn't help but notice that most of the leadership had crazy piercings and tattoos. I'm not talking a discreet nose ring or anything - like, crazy kind of stuff. It surprised me because it was really unprofessional, and at my home office, wouldn't have been allowed in a leadership position. To each his own though.

After a ridiculous amount of travel time on Friday (8+ hours), I was very excited to sleep in my own bed! I wondered how the time change coming back would be since it was such an adjustment for the first part of the week, but it wasn't bad at all. In fact, it was the best sleep I've had all week!

3 comments:

Elaine said...

I had an actual laugh out loud moment on your description of the cake. :) Glad your back home safe and sound!

Hopeandarrow said...

ooo i love seattle. I spent a summer in Washinton doing summer missions. so pretty!

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness that food looks so great! Yum! And the raccoon, SO cute!

My husband is from Gig Harbor, WA, and his family resides in Olympia now...so I have been in WA quite a bit, and to Seattle a couple of times. I love it! Three of my favorite things were Pike Place Market, the original Starbucks, and taking a ferry ride to Victoria, Canada from Seattle.

Blessings to you this week!