Then it was onto 5th Avenue! I've been waiting for 5th Avenue for YEARS, and it was magical! Every high end store you can think of, all with suited doormen waiting to escort you into their store.
(which, by the way, makes you feel like a hot mess when you're in shorts, a tshirt, tennis shoes, AND you look like a drowned rat because you got caught in the rain. just sayin'....)
There was one store in particular that I was dying to see...
(if you listen quietly, you can hear angels singing above me)
Breakfast At Tiffanys is my favorite movie, and over the years, Josh has given me several gifts with that beautiful blue box, so I couldn't wait to see. Did you know that Tiffany's is SIX stories?! Ummm YES. It is. They have the most stunning collection of jewelry that you can imagine, and I would love to go back and buy something! This trip was quite budgeted, so no jewelry for me this time, haha.
After that, we decided to do lunch at Forty Carrots in Bloomingdales. It's a restaurant on the bedding floor! We waited about an hour to get in, but it was worth the wait for sure. I got a chicken salad sandwich on cranberry walnut bread, and a side salad. And almost all of their entrees come with their famous frozen yogurt. I'm a froyo pro, so although I was excited about it, I wasn't expecting anything out of the ordinary. Oh my goodness - this stuff is heaven! I'm telling you, if you go to NYC and do nothing else, at the very least go get some yogurt from Forty Carrots. It was delicious! I don't know how they do it, but it was unlike anything that I've tasted before. Kindof whipped and very creamy and just amazing. And trust me on this, you want to get the plain. I know that goes against everything you'd think, but you'll have to take my word for it.
After lunch, we headed over to FAO Schwarz. Three levels of toys - I'M IN! I must admit, the princess section was my favorite!
FAO is right next to Central Park, and Emily's dad had told us about this bike tour through CP that he did. He said it was pretty easy to talk the guys down and recommended that we try. We were approached almost immediately from a very handsome man who looked Italian offering us a ride. We talked him down to $60 total, and decided to go! There were 3 stops on the tour and I'm so very glad that we did it. There was so much of CP that was way further in than we would have walked, plus he was able to tell us about all the TV shows and movies that had been filmed there. And he held all of our bags while he took pictures of us. Best guide ever.
After Central Park, we were hungry, and we'd found out about a hole-in-the-wall burger joint in the Parker Meridian hotel. We went in, and it was a little scary, haha. They only make burgers, and you can only pay with cash. The sign said if you didn't know what you want when it was your turn then you would go to the back of the line. Fortunately, when we went, there was no line, because we both took our time! We each got a cheeseburger, and I'm not even lying, it was one of the best burgers I've ever had in my life. Don't let the walls fool you.
We'd heard about a place called Printon that had yogurt similar to Forty Carrots, so we decided to go get some dessert!
(yes, we ate yogurt twice in one day. don't judge me)
That pretty much wrapped up our "fun" trip. The next day, we slept in, grabbed a very yummy breakfast at Blue Fin (the same place we ate a couple days before) and then hopped the train to Morristown, New Jersey. Our work summit was Wednesday and Thursday, and it was really, really fun, too. We had some wonderful speakers, and I definitely had some take aways that I think will most definitely help me in my career, and in my personal life, too even. We learned quite a bit about personalities and perceptions. Wednesday and Thursday were pretty non-stop, and I got back home a little after 10 PM on Thursday night.
Let's just say my weekend involved heavy amounts of sleep!!!!
I'm so glad I got to tell you all about NYC! I would definitely recommend it - it was tons of fun, and I cannot wait to go back!




















4 comments:
Looks so fun! I need to go there someday. So fun!!
Looks like you guys had an AWESOME time in NYC. I've never done the tourist-thing while they're. We're always there for a day or to see a show or something particular. I've only walked into a store on 5th once, and walked right back out after looking at price tags lol
What a fun trip! I would love to go to Tiffany's too!
looks wonderful! it's so hard to leave new york because it's not like you can actually do everything there is to do! even if you live there!
morgan
quitetheblog.com
Post a Comment