I think it's time that I disclosed a secret. My name is Kristen, and I'm a stripe-a-holic (I would like to point out that on the first draft, I actually typed "strip-a-holic", which would have been a bold confession to make on the blog, don't you think?)
Anyhoo, earlier this year I painted my bedroom in stripes, but believe me when I tell you that it is super subtle. It's the same color, just alternating flat and glossy. That reminds me, I really need to take some pictures to post because it's beautiful! The issue is, that I can't find a lamp for my nightstand, and I haven't found curtains, and I haven't hung anything up, so it's still a bit unfinished. I'm hunting for stuff though, and as soon as I finish, I'll definitely show you the final product!
This post is totally not about my bedroom, but I've clearly gone there.
Back to the laundry room. Here's a picture of the entryway:
I would definitely want a rug, maybe like this one from Target:
What do you guys think? Do you like the idea of the stripes?










5 comments:
That seems like a lot of work for the room that you throw your dirty clothes into, but maybe I'm the only one that thinks that way... Maaybe I'm the only one that has laundry that escapes from the hamper and ends up all over the floor. Either way, I love the stripes. You "strip-a-holic" you. :)
- Jenn
I always knew you were a stripper!!! LOL! You crack me up! I love the stripe but I would only do it on the far wall like the picture. It gives it depth.
Lori Lou
Oooo...what a great idea with striping using the same color but different finishes! I may have to try this in our master bedroom as well!
I love the stripes. :) I say go for it all over. And, I think making your laundry room special is awesome- it would totally make me love chores a little more.
I love the stripes! So pretty!!
Post a Comment