We had some bad storms come through Tennessee yesterday! I spent the day in Atlanta for work, so we drove up yesterday morning, and then came back home yesterday evening. On our way home, it started lightening. I'm not sure if those of you up North experience this or not, but it looked like "heat lightening" (and no, that isn't the technical term...).
It was absolutely beautiful for about half an hour, and we ooohed and ahhed, but then the sky opened up. We hit a wall of water, and stayed in it for a good 20 minutes! Everyone had their hazards on, there were cars pulled over on the side of the highway, and you really couldn't see anything at all. Of course it didn't help that by this time it was dark. Fortunately, I was with 2 of my co-workers, so I didn't have to drive in it.
By the time I got home, it had calmed down a little, but apparently came through again. I was exhausted from 8 hours in the car and 5 hours of working in the middle, so I passed out. But this morning I found out that this was happening only 10 minutes away from me.
This is my cousin's house (hi Jenn!). That's her bedroom underneath the tree. Everyone is okay, but there was plenty of damage. Lots of water poured in after the tree fell, so late last night, they were up trying to clear things out of the rain coming inside. I can imagine that's not very fun at all.
We didn't have any damage at my house, but I know it was windy because our trash cans were in the middle of the back yard this morning. Thank goodness that was the extent of it!
Before You Decorate for Fall
1 week ago









3 comments:
Heat lightening can certainly be beautiful...this crazy heat is doing some weird things when storms start to form!
So glad everyone is safe & ok!
I live in Wisconsin and we get plenty of lightning in the summers! It is so humid in the air on a typical day that whenever a cold front comes through, we get crazy storms. And tornadoes. Eeks. Hope everything turned out okay for everyone!
Has it really been that long since the storm? Wow! Here I am sitting in a house that is empty except for the kitchen, bathroom, and Shiloh's room and I'm still waiting for someone to fix our house. Now it will be another week before they start. :/
Post a Comment