Today was a very, very busy day at work. Well…at least the last half of the day. My boss has been living in NY, so we’ve been communicating via e-mail and phone calls, but she finally relocated to TN and today was her first official day in the office. I felt like it would be busy, and when I met with her – I was right! We went over A TON of stuff, and I definitely have my work cut out for me the next couple of weeks. It’s good work though – I still enjoy it very much, and adore the people I work with
In other news, I am having knee issues. I think I posted about it awhile back, but I’ll refresh. I used to do competition cheerleading, and in ’99 I tore my ACL, MCL, and Meniscus. Basically 2 ligaments and some cartilage. I had to have a full ACL reconstruction, and all has been well for 9 years. In December I noticed a bit of pain and swelling, but ignored it for a few weeks thinking it would just disappear. Wrong. It only got worse and then I could feel it popping every time I walked. I went to the same orthopedic doc that did my original surgery, and after a physical exam, he suspects I have re-torn my meniscus. No fun. And the thing is, I have no idea when it could have happened. There wasn’t ever an “ow” moment that made me think something was wrong – it was very gradual. So he gave me some anti-inflammatory meds to take for a few weeks, and then I go back on the 16th for an MRI. If I did happen to re-tear, unfortunately the only repair would be surgery. I have dreaded another surgery ever since the very day I got out of the hospital from the first one. Let’s just keep our fingers crossed that it is more minor than he thinks, and that the meds resolve the problem!
No comments:
Post a Comment